Considering a Workers’ Comp
Lawyer in Columbia, SC?
You’re a dedicated employee, you take pride in your work, and you’ve worked hard to get to where you are.
Unfortunately, you’ve recently been injured at work, and you have questions about workers’ compensation in South Carolina.
Questions that only a worker’s compensation lawyer in Columbia, SC can answer.
Maybe your employer is refusing to compensate you or maybe you’re unsure about how to handle the situation.
Whatever the case, you don’t want to lose your job but you do want to be treated fairly.
Don’t gamble with your health…
In South Carolina you have ninety (90) days to report an injury. However, injuries
should be reported as soon as possible. Doing so can increase your chances of
being fully compensated.
In fact, by law you’re entitled to workers’ compensation–no matter who’s at fault..
Why Hire a Workers’ Comp Lawyer in Columbia, SC?
Let’s face it, when you’ve been hurt and you’re in pain, the last thing you want to do is deal
with legal issues. The challenge is… you can’t afford not too. You’ve got bills to pay,
maybe a family to feed, and most importantly you need to heal.
This is where a workers’ compensation attorney in Columbia, SC can help.
Andrew Brown Can Help if:
- Your employer denies your claim or you failed to receive benefits
- Your settlement doesn’t cover all of your medical bills or lost wages
- You’re unable to return to your previous work
- Your job is threatened because you filed
- You think you have a third (3rd) party claim
- You want to be fairly compensated
- In addition, a worker’s compensation attorney will ensure that all the necessary forms are filed, deadlines are met, and sufficient evidence is gathered to support the severity of your condition.
- Last but not least, a workers’ comp attorney can evaluate the “worth” of your case and evaluate any settlement offers. This ensures the scales are tipped in your favor.
Your Next Steps
Document your injury and the care you receive. Documentation will be invaluable in proving your claim.
Follow workplace policies for reporting injuries and seeking treatment. This will ensure your employer is fully informed and minimizes a fight to your claim.
Our consultation is free, there are no obligations, and you have nothing to lose!
Get your case evaluated by a real attorney
at no cost to you.
If you feel like your work injury fits or is similar to the examples above, then an
SC workers’ compensation attorney can help!
Examples of workers’ compensation injury
- A fall, eye injury, laceration, burn, injuries caused by heavy lifting or repetitively doing the same thing over and over.
- A back injury, shoulder injury, hernia, heart attack, carpal tunnel syndrome or other injuries caused by lifting or some sort of exertion.
- An auto accident while on duty (your own car or a company vehicle) and some car accidents if in a company car when not technically on duty.
- On the job workplace exposure to hazardous toxins, fumes, gases, or the long term injury from normal tasks (such as carpal tunnel from repetitive use).